It is Sunday so I am joining my pals Annie and Mary Ann for our Sunday favorites. Spoiler alert I cheated this week. I had my list all completed and then found a couple of articles I couldn’t resist so I went over the five limit. Let’s take a look at my five faves which include a charming collected Cotswold cottage you will love.
Do you read Cafe Design by Eva? This week she featured this charming collected Cotswald Cottage of James Mackie on her blog. I am in love. How about you?
FAVORITE READING FROM KATIE AND ELIZABETH
Two blogs I always try to read are Preppy Empty Nester and Pine Cones and Acorns. I always love Katie’s (Preppy Empty Nester) Reading, Watchiing, Listening posts so I can find out about what I should be watching or reading. Remember I told you I was cheating this week. This week my friend Elizabeth (Pine Cones and Acorns) did a post on Advent Calendars. If you have a grandchild you will want to read this one.
CLOSET COOKING’S ROASTED CAULIFLOWER QUICHE
I am always looking for new egg dishes to try and have on hand over the holidays. I have a variation of this one that is an old standby (even people who don’t like cauliflower-like it). I am adding this one to my list. It is gluten-free and sounds yummy! I am trying this Roasted Cauliflower Quiche from Closet Cooking next weekend. I think my family will love it (maybe even Summer)
GIFT GUIDE FOR HER
(GIFTS SHE ACTUALLY WANTS)
- Does anyone besides me thing pajamas are a small fortune? I love the offerings this Etsy Shop has
- My favorite Jo Malone Fragrance and #4 on the all time fave list apparently. Is it time to start wearing cologne again?
- I love a long puffer vest. They are warmer, and quite frankly they cover the bum as well. I have this one in silver and I would love to get the black (don’t tell my husband he thinks I already have too many)
- Cozy Chic Lite is tops for comfort. I have this long version on my list for long days at the computer.
- I am going to be all about fresh magnolia this year. If you would like to send a wreath to a friend that will last from Thanksgiving through Christmas this is it. Change out the ribbon and you are good to go.
- These are my favorite slippers. Yes you can buy less expensive ones but they don’t last. I am due for a new pair are you?
- I know many of you are allergic. This sweater is highly rated on J Crew and on sale!
- Most candles are a small fortune these days bu Votivo remains affordable (and they are wonderful). You can afford to buy her one that will last the entire season.
- My robe is nearly in shreds. You can’t beat Barefoot Dreams (cozy chic light) for comfort or wearability.
SHOP GIFTS SHE WILL LOVE YOU FOR
TONGUE IN CHEEK VIA CURBED
We are having a busy next few days. Today we are going to the California International Airshow with our son and daughter-in-law (always fun). All of the contestants have been flying overhead the last couple of days. The cat is petrified and Beau not so impressed either. Tomorrow we are making a quick trip to Paso for the second anniversary shebang of one of our favorite restaurants in Paso Les Petites Canailles, or LPC as the locals call it. Follow me on Instagram for more on that. We will be staying at The Stables, the latest venture from the Gilson family who own the wonderful Hotel Cheval. I will report back on all of that next week in my favorites.
SUMMER LOVES ANIMALS
Sorry I couldn’t resist adding this one. Jenna sent several pictures of Summer at one of her Halloween events. Summer is certainly not a perfect child (even if we think she is) but I have never seen a small child (she will be 3 1/2 next week) that is so kind and gentle with animals. Our crazy cat Furrie even likes her. She has no fear whatsoever.
Thanks for reading A Charming Collected Cotswold Cottage, You Will Love. I will be back on Tuesday with a great group of bloggers with some great Thanksgiving ideas. On Thursday I will put a twist on the Outfit of the Week and have a little fun on an imaginary visit with someone I have great respect for. You can find all of my Sunday Favorites right here.