Welcome to our latest Project Design, Thanksgiving It Is All About the Sides. Annie from Most Lovely Things (the newest member of our Project Design Team) suggested to Mary Ann and I that we do a post on our favorite sides for Thanksgiving. We agreed that it was a fabulous idea and Annie took the ball and ran with it!! After all, what is Thanksgiving without all the wonderful sides?
We have our favorites on Thanksgiving but we always love a great salad. This is one of our favorites, Fall Greens with Persimmons, Walnuts, and Pomegranate Seeds.
- Fall Greens with Persimmons
- Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 3/4 cup fresh tangerine juice
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine peel
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons citrus olive oil (I use pasolivo)
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 head radicchio separated
- 1 5 oz bag of baby kale
- 1 5-ounce bag mixed baby greens
- 4 Fuyu persimmon, peeled, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 1 container feta
- Boil tangerine juice and tangerine peel in heavy small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Transfer to medium bowl. Whisk in next 5 ingredients. Season dressing with pepper. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill. Rewhisk before using.)
- Place all greens and half of persimmon slices in large bowl. Add dressing and toss to coat. Divide salad among plates. Top each with remaining persimmon slices walnuts and feta.
Please excuse my edited post. I had a small family emergency that prevented me from giving this post my full effort. Please stop by and check out our other friend’s blogs to see their favorite sides
They are all fabulous cooks so I know you won’t want to miss out!